Arsenic In Your Water
Frequently used for strengthening lead and copper, arsenic is often used as a component in car batteries and electronics. Arsenic can also be found in treated wood products, herbicides, and insecticides. While arsenic can accumulate in water through erosion, it is more commonly the result of industrial or agricultural runoff.
Effects Of Arsenic In Water
One of the more dangerous water contaminants, arsenic can be toxic even in small levels over the long term. According to the EPA, prolonged arsenic exposure has been known to cause or increase certain types of cancer, nervous system damage, skin conditions, and other health concerns.
Signs and Symptoms
Historically, the EPA has identified a large amount of unreported, undocumented cases of arsenic in water across the United States. As a result, federal law now requires that utilities report on all contaminants present in drinking water supplies.
Arsenic Water Treatment
The most effective way to treat arsenic contaminated water is through a specialty filter customized to a whole home water filter, so that any accompanying contaminants, like fluoride or TDS, can be effectively removed along with the arsenic. Culligan offers a variety of products with layers of media filtration specifically designed to treat and reduce arsenic in water.
The Aquasential® Smart Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (RO)
- 7 stages of filtration and 12 filter options
- Certified for reduction of 58 contaminants
- 2-in-1 sediment and carbon filter screens out sediment and particles
- Can alert you and your dealer when service or filter replacements are needed
Aquasential™ Smart High Efficiency Whole House Water Filters
Reduce sediments in your water and contaminants that cause your water to appear, taste, and smell unpleasant. Your system can also lessen the taste and odor of chlorine, and prevent pipe damage and staining from low pH water. Additional customizations include:
- Culligan® Filtr-Cleer® Water Filters – Reduces Sediment Problems
- Culligan® Cullar® Water Filters – Reduces Taste and Odor Problems
- Culligan® Cullneu Water Filters – Reduces Acid Problems